Construction and Tradesman

Public liability insurance is essential for most trades and we tailor policies to suit your business. We help you to select the appropriate cover for you, your clients and your equipment.

Public liability insurance

Public liability insurance covers your legal liability for accidental injury or property damage and covers you for claims made against your business by customers, members of the public or people you visit.

Employers’ liability insurance

If you have any employees (including sub-contractors, casual labourers and apprentices) you’re legally obliged to have employers’ liability insurance. With employers’ liability insurance in place, we’ll cover your legal liability if someone you employ is injured in the workplace or falls ill through work.

Additional covers for tradesmen

Own tools and equipment cover
We’ll cover you for accidental loss, theft or damage to your own tools, plant and equipment – including your work tools, as well as any machinery, trailers, site huts or caravans owned by you.
Hired-in plant equipment cover.

We can cover equipment you have hired to use in connection with your business, such as constructional plant, machinery, tools or site huts, in case they’re accidentally damaged or destroyed in your care.
Contract works cover.

If you’re building a new house or extending a property, and the site you’re working on is destroyed or damaged part way through the job, you could lose your work and materials.

But with contract works cover, also known as contractors’ all risks insurance, we’ll protect you against accidental loss, destruction or damage – so you can complete the contract you’re working on.

Tools insurance to include overnight cover.

Personal accident cover for you and your employees.

Capital benefits.

A lump sum if you or a fellow principal, partner or director is involved in an accident that results in death, permanent total disability, or loss of limb or sight.

Weekly benefits

A weekly wage if a principal, partner or director is temporarily injured (for example, with a broken arm or leg) and left unable to work. This is paid until they recover.

Cover for inefficacy/failure to perform of alarm systems.

Professional Indemnity for building trades.

For more help and information please do not hesitate to contact us at Hoskin Commercial Insurance on
Maldon (01621) 876030

Construction and Tradesman
Construction and Tradesman